Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, & Haunted Places by Brad Steiger

239413

Yes, yes, this book is slightly ridiculous. However, I like ghost stories, especially the ones in which people claim they have evidence to support. Steiger's book collected stories from around the world on all kinds of great ghost stories, including poltergeists, shadow beings, mediums, and haunted houses.

I wouldn't wanna wake up to this. 
Some of the more famous cases include the Bell Witch, who haunted a Tennessee family for years, and the Amityville House in New York where all sorts of poltergeist activity supposedly happened.

Not nearly as scary-looking as the movies make them out to be.
I enjoy these books because the amount of "evidence" collected on this stuff ranges from the ridiculous, like photos of what is clearly fog, to the tentatively reliable, like transcripts of conversations with possessed people. I certainly don't believe every ghost story I hear, but I read books like this and watch shows like Ghost Hunters because I can't say they don't exist, so I look for plausible evidence, like everyone probably does, and hope to see something trustworthy soon. As long as I don't see stuff in my own home, I'm ok. Steiger's collection is comprehensive and hefty, with all the variety of ghost stories I could ever want.

No comments:

Post a Comment